As 2013 comes to an end, things are gearing up at the State House in Concord for the coming legislative session. As you know, many of the items our NH legislators consider either directly or indirectly impact all public workers.
We will review each proposed piece of legislation to determine if it fulfills our Granite Strong Vision that we developed in 2012. As a reminder, this vision is comprised of ten points we have identified as essential for the success of the state’s working families. The points are:
- Good full-time jobs
- Robust small and large business environment
- Quality, affordable and accessible health care
- Quality, affordable public education from early childhood through post-secondary
- Clean air and water
- Public safety
- Strong infrastructure
- Strong consumer protections
- Worker rights and protections
- Strong safety net for our most vulnerable
To review these points in more detail, click here.
We look forward to this year’s legislative session and are confident that most current legislators are committed to many if not all the points we have identified through our Granite Strong Vision. We also look forward to working with you to help make sure laws are passed that will benefit Granite state workers and their families.