During a worksite KYN health screening, a health professional will collect measurements, including height, weight, waist circumference, and blood pressure. A sample of your blood (finger-stick) will be taken to measure your cholesterol and glucose levels. The total time to participate in the screening is approximately 20 minutes. The KYN health screening does not test for illicit drugs, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis or any other disease.
The KYN health screenings are confidential and respect your privacy. The screening area is set up for participant privacy. Your screening results are confidential and will not be shared with anyone at the State of New Hampshire. The information you provide is not a medical record. Such information, however, will be treated as private and confidential, as required by law.
After the KYN health screening procedure, a participant’s screening results are then shared with them in a “results scorecard.” Screening staff provide exit counseling to the participant that includes:
- Highlighting measurements that fall outside healthy range
- Addressing at risk areas
- Providing educational material related to risk area
- Recommend enrollment in programs offered by the State or health care provider for follow-up if necessary.
The KYN health screening staff will send the participant’s name to Anthem for Health Rewards point distribution. It takes approximately 3 weeks for a participant’s 100 points to post after the screening in the “My Activities” section of their Anthem Health Rewards. A participant’s screening results will also be automatically uploaded to his/her Anthem Healthy Lifestyles Well-Being Health Assessment, known as the Health Assessment Tool (HAT) if a participant has not completed their HAT. If the participant has completed the HAT, the screening results will be uploaded automatically in the “Resources & Tools” tab in the Health Records section of their Healthy Lifestyles online program.
There are two ways to participate in a Know Your Numbers Health Screening for an Anthem Health Reward:
1. Know Your Numbers health screenings are held at state worksite locations throughout the year.
These screenings will be administered by Hooper Holmes, the health screening vendor for Anthem. It is not necessary to fast for any length of time prior to the screening. All information is kept confidential in compliance with the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). For details about scheduled worksite Know Your Numbers health screenings or to sign-up for an appointment, please choose an option below:
2. The Know Your Numbers Physician Fax Form
By clicking the Know Your Numbers Physician Fax Form request link below, you will then be taken to a website managed by Healthways where you can obtain a Physician Fax Form by entering your information. Once completed, you can download and print a pre-populated form with your information. If you had your screening measurements done by a physician recently, contact them to request that they complete the form. If you do not have recent measurements, contact your health care provider’s office and set up an appointment to have the screening done. This could be done as part of your annual physical or a nurse-only visit. Check with your health care provider first to confirm the appropriate visit setting. Just follow these steps to request a Physician Fax Form:
- Make an appointment with your doctor and tell them you need your height, weight, blood pressure, cholesterol, HDL, LDL and triglycerides and fasting glucose measured.
- Visit http://www.PromoteHealthyHabits.com/Form. Enter in your information and customer code: HAMP, then click submit.
- Print the screening form and instructions.
- You will complete, date and sign the Participant Information section of the form.
- Your doctor will fill out the Biometric Measurements and Physician Information sections and fax back the completed form.
- For your own records, make sure to get a fax confirmation from your doctor’s office.
The Physician Fax Form must be completed in its entirety and it requires the employee and a physician signature. Make sure you follow all directions on the form. The form should then be faxed by either the employee or the physician to the fax number on the form. If you choose to have your physician fax the form to Healthways, make sure you check to see if an administrative fee will be charged for sending it.
A participant’s screening results will also be automatically uploaded to his/her Anthem Healthy Lifestyles Well-Being Health Assessment (HAT) if a participant has not completed their HAT. If the participant has completed the HAT, the screening results will be uploaded automatically in the “Resources & Tools” tab in the Health Records section of their Healthy Lifestyles online program.
Click here to request a Physician Fax Form