The Vitals SmartShopper program is set to expand beginning on Jan. 1. The program, which can earn you cash rewards by helping you shop for more cost-effective medical options, will include several new services.
The program is available to all workers covered by the State Employee Health Benefit, and it works like this: say your doctor requests an MRI or even routine lab work. You can call SmartShopper or go online to find which provider is the most cost-effective. By choosing one of the more cost-effective providers, you can earn a cash reward.
The additional services and incentive amounts that will go into effect on Jan. 1 include:
- All X-rays: $25
- MRI Abdomen: $150/$75/$50
- MRI Pelvis: $150/$75/$50
- Hip Replacement: $500/$250
- Knee Replacement: $500/$250
- Revision of Total Hip or Knee Replacement: $500/$250
- CT Angiographys (CTAs): $150/$75/$50