The 78th annual convention of SEA/SEIU Local 1984 will be held Saturday, Oct. 20 at The Barn on the Pemi in Plymouth. Note: This page will be updated with information on the convention as it becomes available. Newly updated below are candidates for the Board of Directors and proposed constitutional amendments and resolutions.
This one-day convention will include elections for numerous seats on the Board of Directors, including:
1st Vice President (One position for the remainder of two-year term)
Director (State, three positions, three-year term)
Director (Private sector, one position, three-year term)
Director (County and municipal, one position, three-year term)
Nominations will begin at 10 a.m. with voting taking place from noon-1 p.m. Nominations are allowed from the floor, but only members who submitted self-nomination forms by the Sept. 20 deadline will have their names printed on the ballot.
Amendments and resolutions
Members will be asked to vote on nine proposed constitutional amendments and six resolutions.
- Nomination and election notice (PDF)
- Nomination form for Board of Directors (Online form | PDF) Note: submission deadline has passed
- Constitutional amendment form (Online form | PDF) Note: submission deadline has passed
- Resolution form (Online form | PDF) Note: submission deadline has passed
- John B. Parker Outstanding Member nomination form (Online form | PDF) Note: submission deadline has passed
The 2018 convention will be held at The Barn on the Pemi, a newly opened events facility owned by The Common Man, that’s nestled between Route 3 and the Pemigewasset River in Plymouth. The venue is a short five-minute drive from downtown Plymouth.
While the venue is newly opened, the building is hardly new. The barn itself dates to the 1850s and was transported from Canterbury and reassembled on site.