The 2019 SEA/SEIU Local 1984 Annual Convention will be held on Saturday, Oct. 19, at Merrill Place Conference Center in Plymouth. Members in good standing can seek positions on the Board of Directors as well as propose amendments and resolutions to be considered by delegates.
This one-day convention will include those elections and votes on amendments and resolutions, as well as annual awards.
Where: Merrill Place Conference Center, Plymouth State University, 14 Merrill St., Plymouth, NH.
When: Saturday, Oct. 19 from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. (registration begins at 8 a.m.).
Who: All duly-elected councilors of SEA/SEIU Local 1984 are required to attend.
Parking: Lot is located directly across the street from the conference center.
Agenda: You can find the convention agenda here.
Elections for Board of Directors
We will hold elections for the following positions:
- President (One position, two-year term)
- First Vice-President (One position, two-year term)
- Second Vice-President (One position, two-year term)
- Treasurer (One position, two-year term)
- Secretary (One position, two-year term)
- Director (State, four positions, three-year term)
- Director (Retiree, one position, three-year term)
- Director (Private Sector, one position, remainder of three-year term 2021)
Deadline: The deadline has passed to file a self-nomination form and get your name printed on the ballot. However, members in good standing can still be nominated from the convention floor and run as a write-in candidate.
Resolutions and Constitutional Amendments
Delegates will consider proposed resolutions and constitutional amendments proposed by members in good standing.
Deadline: First drafts were requested by Aug. 12 and final drafts were requested by Aug. 20.