The 2019 SEA/SEIU Local 1984 Annual Convention will be held on Saturday, Oct. 19, at Merrill Place Conference Center in Plymouth. Members in good standing can now file self-nomination forms for positions on the Board of Directors as well as proposed amendments and resolutions to be considered by delegates.
This one-day convention will include annual awards, and we are also seeking nominations for the John B. Parker Award for Outstanding Member. This page will be updated.
Elections for Board of Directors
Members in good standing can submit a self-nomination form for the following positions:
- President (One position, two-year term)
- First Vice-President (One position, two-year term)
- Second Vice-President (One position, two-year term)
- Treasurer (One position, two-year term)
- Secretary (One position, two-year term)
- Director (State, four positions, three-year term)
- Director (Retiree, one position, three-year term)
- Director (Private Sector, one position, remainder of three-year term 2021)
Deadline: If you wish to have your remarks published and have your name printed on the ballot, you must submit the form by 5 p.m. on Sept. 19. Candidates who miss the deadline can be nominated from the convention floor, but would be a write-in candidate.
Form: Self-nomination form (PDF)
Resolutions and Constitutional Amendments
Members in good standing can submit proposed resolutions and constitutional amendments to be considered by delegates at convention.
Deadline: First drafts are requested by Aug. 12 and final drafts are requested by Aug. 20.
John B. Parker Award for Outstanding Member
The John B. Parker Award for Outstanding Member was first given in 1977 in honor of a former SEA President. Each year, a deserving member is honored with the award based on member nominations.
Deadline: Nomination form must be submitted by Sept. 6.
Form: Outstanding Member Nomination form (PDF)